This right here is the ultimate sweet and salty treat. When I was younger one of my favorite snacks was pretzels dipped in peanut butter and if you haven’t tried this you are missing out! So I got thinking how can I make one of my favorite snacks from when I was little into a dessert and still make it healthy. Here we have the Half Baked Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie 6 clean ingredients, minimal prep time, it is vegan and can easily be made gluten free.
- 1 c finely crushed pretzels (can use gluten free pretzels)
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter (I like Trader Joe’s unsalted natural peanut butter)
- 1/4 c melted and cooled coconut oil
- Date paste (4-6 dates processed with hot water to create a liquid paste this is the sweetener)
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- Chopped pretzels and Peanut butter cups for the topping
How it’s done:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into a mini tart pan bake for 10-12 minutes take out and let cool/harden
- Create date paste by blending dates and very hot water until a liquid paste forms
- Mix peanut butter, coconut oil and date paste and pour into the cooled crust and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Break the dark chocolate up and place in a glass bowl
- Heat coconut milk for over medium heat until it is hot (can microwave for 30-45 seconds) pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds
- Mix until all the chocolate pieces are melted
- Pour over the filling and top with crushed peanut butter cups and pretzels
- Let sit in the fridge for another 30 minutes or until the top has harden
- Take out and slice with a sharpe knife
Notes: The finer you crush the pretzels the better of the crust staying together and not crumbling.