This is my go-to protein shake. I love experimenting with different things in my smoothies but this one will never disappoint because lets face it not all my smoothies have turned out good even when the color is pretty and I am like this is going to taste awesome and it turns out to be so gross. So if I am not in an experimenting mood or really just feeling some peanut butter and chocolate this is it oh and it is coffee based for all you coffee lovers!
- 8 oz of cold brew
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 c mixed zucchini and cauliflower (steamed and frozen)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein
- 1 tbsp powder peanut butter
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut flakes
- Flax seeds
- Cacao nibs
How it’s done:
- Blend on high until creamy
- Pour and ENJOY!
This right here is the ultimate sweet and salty treat. When I was younger one of my favorite snacks was pretzels dipped in peanut butter and if you haven’t tried this you are missing out! So I got thinking how can I make one of my favorite snacks from when I was little into a dessert and still make it healthy. Here we have the Half Baked Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie 6 clean ingredients, minimal prep time, it is vegan and can easily be made gluten free.
- 1 c finely crushed pretzels (can use gluten free pretzels)
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter (I like Trader Joe’s unsalted natural peanut butter)
- 1/4 c melted and cooled coconut oil
- Date paste (4-6 dates processed with hot water to create a liquid paste this is the sweetener)
- 3 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 c coconut milk
- Chopped pretzels and Peanut butter cups for the topping
How it’s done:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into a mini tart pan bake for 10-12 minutes take out and let cool/harden
- Create date paste by blending dates and very hot water until a liquid paste forms
- Mix peanut butter, coconut oil and date paste and pour into the cooled crust and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Break the dark chocolate up and place in a glass bowl
- Heat coconut milk for over medium heat until it is hot (can microwave for 30-45 seconds) pour hot coconut milk over chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds
- Mix until all the chocolate pieces are melted
- Pour over the filling and top with crushed peanut butter cups and pretzels
- Let sit in the fridge for another 30 minutes or until the top has harden
- Take out and slice with a sharpe knife
Notes: The finer you crush the pretzels the better of the crust staying together and not crumbling.